ifeanyie

Jun 14, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Hi ifeanyie,

I've read your article on local adorner at blog.msdn.com while looking for solutions to resolve performance issues in my adorners. Should LocalAdorner be used as a direct generic replacement of Adorner? My adorners are on top of a canvas and they don't need to receive LayoutUpdated() notifications of their child. I've already resolved a few major performance issues related to LayoutUpdated event hook in my application so this sounds very promising.

Yury

Coordinator
Apr 4, 2012 at 7:55 AM

Wow never got a notification for this question, I only found it doing a vanity search for my name.

You most likely have moved on to other problems :) But for what it's worth... LocalAdorner is not a generic replacement for the WPF Adorner system. It takes advantage of the fact that the vast majority of Adorners are positioned right above their adorned element and therefore can be placed during normal layout. This is different from general purpose adorners that can track arbitrary elements across the visual tree and therefore need to track the layout of completely unrelated elements.